With the rise of e-books and online reading materials, who would’vet thought that the traditional thing still exists?
Well, call me old-fashioned, but I, for one, personally prefer the traditional books more than e-books. I love the feel of the covers in my hands. I love flipping the pages. I love the sound of it, and the scent. Oh, how I love the scent of an open book! I love being lost in every page. And I love being surrounded with lots of them! I grew up treating libraries and bookstores like a personal sanctuary. These are few of the places that I go to when I want peace and relaxation.
I recently updated my book inventory. The recent count was 240. I actually thought I have more.
Which made me wonder…
What if, the world is going to be drenched in a huge flood (ala Noah of ark) and you are allowed only 5 books to save for the next generation of mankind. Among the books you owned or read, which books are you going to choose?
My answer would be…
- Harry Potter (wait, really? Just 5?!! There are 7 Harry Potter!!). Maybe the 1st book so that the next generation will just recreate the rest.
- Hunger Games. Again, the first book. Same reason as above.
- Chronicles or Narnia. The one that has all 7 in one book.
- Angels and Demons or The Da Vinci code. Which ever I feel like saving at the moment.
- The richest man in Babylon. Because the next generation will absolutely need to build their finances.
Whew! That was tough. I’m glad that I don’t have to lose the rest of my books and just save 5. 🙂
So, how about you? Which books are you gonna save to the next generation or mankind?